Friday, October 10, 2008

Pink and brown cupcakes



I made chocolate cake cupcakes and then iced them with chocolate icing or strawberry icing. Garnished with sprinkles and chocolate chips.

The chocolate icing was on the box of my dark chocolate cocoa.

ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Dutch Processed Cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat butter in medium bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.


The strawberry was my standard buttercream icing, but using 1 cup butter and added a little homemade strawberry freezer jam thawed. It was a softer strawberry flavor than I'm used to. I'll use more jam next time. Still very good!!

No comments: